Friday, 8 May 2015

Workday Plan B

I'm a big list maker. I always have been, even as a child I liked making lists. I would note down the somewhat insignificant things I would be taking on holiday with me. I got a lot of satisfaction from ticking them off as I put them in the bag and again when we packed to come home. As an adult, my list making has evolved slightly and I always have a weekly and daily to-do list of tasks I need to achieve. 

This system works well for me, I know what I need to get done, it allows me to prioritise, and over time I've learnt to divide my weekly list up over my working week so each day can be productive. 

Yesterday, however, my list was thrown out the window! Imagine my dismay as I sit down at my computer with my list and get greeted with this screen just as I start up for the day! 


That's right, my trusty computer called in sick to work! There went all my computerised work for the day. Luckily my lovely Dad will be able to sort it out for me over the weekend. In the meantime, I was looking at a wasted day.

That's when workday plan B kicked in. There's always a list of things that need to get done that never make it on to the daily and weekly list as they're lengthy, difficult or not important enough. For me the thing in the back of my mind all year has been my costumes at the dance studio. They've been a mess for ages. No idea what's been in what box and so hard to find anything when we need it. So yesterday when my original list became non-achievable I headed over to my studio for a day of costume sorting. 

It's always been so worthwhile for me to make a list of what I need to achieve, but yesterday's computer malfunction could have easily seen me waste that day in front of the TV, instead, my little back up list saved me - turns out it's worthwhile too! 

Are you a list maker?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your fabulous opinions!