Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Promises to myself

Lately I've been telling myself I'll do things. I say it in my head and that's as far as it goes. I know I'm better than that, so I'm forcing myself out of it!

Over the last few days I've been writing a few of these little promises to myself in my journal each day to give myself some personal accountability, and I've made a huge effort to follow through. Since personal accountability works well, I figure public accountability will work even better. So here are the promises I've made to myself over the last few days:

Promise #1: Do not check Facebook on my phone while still in bed after my alarm has gone off! This is a horrible habit I had fallen into and it's so unnecessary. There are so many more important things to fill my mornings with, so I've made the promise to stop this one cold turkey!

Promise #2: Say no to fast food. I've been OK with this lately. I find I tend to go on and off with it though. In order to keep it up, I'm formalised it in the ink and paper promises of my journal. I even had this one put to the test last night as Matt asked if I wanted KFC for dinner... I really wanted it, but I'd made the promise, so I said no! 

Promise #3: Meditation - I only made this promise yesterday. Meditation is something I've always struggled with. Whenever we did it at the end of a yoga class I couldn't clear my mind, I would just sit there with a million thoughts reminding me how much I had to do. A lot of the women I admire and follow swear by daily meditation, so I set myself a challenge to meditate [attempt] every morning before starting work for 10 minutes. My computer must stay switched off until I've completed this task. I promised to do this for a month to see what kind of effects it can have on my life.

This morning was my first attempt at mediation. I have to say I'm still no good at sitting in silence and not thinking about all the things I have to do, so I downloaded a guided meditation App to help me out. I enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to tomorrows attempt :)

There will definitely be more promises to come as I attempt to instill little improvements into my life and habits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your fabulous opinions!