Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Procrastination

I'm finding it extremely difficult to get anything done today. I have accounting that needs to be done, emails and voicemails to return, mail to go through and concert timetabling to sort out.... so far I have done nothing on my 'to do' list. I have taken a trip to the bank, cleaned and reorganised my desk in my office, sorted some mail into neat little piles (but not actually done anything with it), played fetch with the dog and made lunch. None of these things actually needed to be done today, but they presented themselves as better options than the things I need to do. Not a very productive day at all!

I have a few short hours left before I need to go and teach for the evening, but I just can't bring myself to get stuck in to anything. I know I will regret this very soon (I am already feeling guilty about it) and I will spend tomorrow wishing I had just done something today.

I am usually a very organised person (some might say obsessive), today however I have been hit with the procrastination stick. Anyone out there have any tips to get me off my bum?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your fabulous opinions!