Saturday, 12 October 2013

Happy Birthday

Today is my 27th birthday. I'm not too sure how I feel about that yet... I don't think I am far along as I thought I would be by this age (not that I know what I expected), but in other waysp I feel like I have done a lot more than I imagined. I don't think I ever thought I would own and run two businesses, enrol in uni, or be walking down the aisle in a few short months to be married.

Usually my birthday is spent like any other day... working and teaching (with the exception of last year that I got to spend in Europe), but this year as my birthday fell on a Saturday, I decided to give myself the day off, well some of the day off.

I woke up at 6 to do some work, send some emails and check through some accounting, during which I enjoyed a fabulous pot of Irish breakfast tea and got ready for rehearsals. My kids have a performance tomorrow and we had a quick practice at 8:30 this morning. My car is in at the mechanics being fixed so Nikya drove me to the studio and Dad picked me up.

I came home to some lovely red roses and a freshly cleaned house from by gorgeous fiance. Ate some fruit and toast as I spent some time reading the blogs I love and scrolling through facebook. Then I had a nap (most people wont understand how exciting that is for me... I never get day time naps)! and read a book. Matt and I went for a drive, we stopped by the shop (because I am a workaholic and can't help myself) to check up on a few things and then went shopping for a new scratching post for Miss Marple.

This evening I went to dinner with some lovely friends and my parents, we ate at the Entrance Lake House. It was so nice to see everyone together :)

So my birthday is now drawing to a close, I had a nice relaxing day which differed from my normal busy days and it seems 27 is off to a nice start :)



Fabulous Irish Breakfast Tea


New scratching post for Miss Marple
Lovely roses from my lovely fiance
Lunch


Fabulous Agatha Christie

Mummy and Daddy at dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your fabulous opinions!